Though the CWA Review Crew is comprised of only women, we are happy to serve Christian men through our review service.
We know that talent is not limited by gender and we want to help you too.
If you have a book, e-book, product or app we’d love to see it. You can submit your item for review here.
Why would you want a bunch of women reviewing your book, product or app?
Here are ten reasons why you should:
Let’s look at books first:
- According to various published studies, men are in the minority when it comes to fiction readers. Did you know that 80% of fiction readers are female? We are your audience.
- We all know that women talk more than men. We are social butterflies. Think about it. Who do you think is most likely to share about your book in social settings? You guessed it, women.
- Women are emotional beings. We don’t just read books, we feel them. This will come to your advantage at review time. Female readers read to connect with ideas, so once connected, they are less likely to criticize as harshly as men. Men generally read at a more surface level. They are cynical, protective and instinctively built to spot problems. It’s a God-given quality given for the sake of survival. This is what we love about men. It’s what we treasure and need in our husbands, brothers and sons. It’s also what you want least in a reviewer.
- Women sympathize better at with characters. They will relate to your story personally in some way.
- According to recent statistics, 57% of book buyers are female and they buy 65% of books. We buy books and we buy in bulk.
Now for products, apps and e-readers:
- Again, the social factor. No I’m not being lazy and restating. Both Twitter and Facebook report that women are their leading users. This is truly a huge benefit women offer. We enjoy sharing the things we love and we do it EVERYWHERE.
- Mobile devises are growing in popularity among women. Who wants to sit in a doctor’s office reading a six year old copy of US magazine when you can read a classy book on your e-reader? It’s exactly this convenience that appeals to on-the-go women, keeping the trend climbing.
- Can you believe 61% of e-readers are female?!
- Statistics show that men are the target market if you have created a map or direction app. They need to find their way around town. Women, however, are tops for social networking apps and those with creative function. While their husband’s are finding their way through town these ladies are multi-tasking everything.
- Don’t underestimate the purse. Research shows that women make or influence 85% of all purchases made in the United States each year. If you want to sell your product, you want us to see it.
Are you convinced? Good.
I think it’s time you submitted your book, e-book, app or product to The CWA Review Crew and let us ladies work our magic.
“When women stop reading, the novel will be dead.”
~Ian McEwen, The Guardian Newspaper
Click & Apply Now
We look forward to working with you to, Reach Your Audience,